The Unit provides a wide range of services covering the whole life cycle of urban and territorial policies: research, policy design, assistance for implementation process, monitoring and evaluation.
The Unit acts as a "think-and-do-tank", supplying advisory services in planning and urban governance, supporting actors involved in community-based initiatives, contributing with researches, publications and training initiatives to the international debate about urban and territorial policies.
In the recent years, the Unit has developed the following themes:
- urban regeneration and urban development programs
- urban governance, community involvement and partnerships
- strategic spatial planning
- local development in deprived and marginal areas
- sport policy, social cohesion and urban development
- social housing policy
- time planning